Metal Braces Alternative Invisalign® is a clear aligner option for straightening teeth. Not many want to experience metal braces if there are other options.Westport Dental is excited to offer Invisalign® to patients looking for a way to straighten teeth without the look and feel of metal braces. This cosmetic dentistry option can give you the confidence you need to take your smile back!
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Like metal braces, Invisalign® straightens your teeth over time. However, unlike traditional braces, you don’t have to worry about the pesky wires, brackets, and springs that can cause consistent pain and discomfort.
Check out our video below for what the process is like!
Invisalign® Process at Westport Dental
The first step to getting Invisalign® is to have a consultation with Dr. Adam Birk to determine what your goals are for your smile and to establish whether you are a candidate for this method. Our staff will take x-rays and pictures, as well as take digital impressions of your teeth for models.
If our team determines that you’re a good candidate for Invisalign® after undergo the first step, these x-rays, pictures and impressions will be utilized to create your exact treatment course which will show exact teeth movements throughout the process.
Clear, custom-made aligners will then be created to follow your treatment plan. You will be required to wear the aligners 23 hours a day, only removing them to eat, brush or floss. Every two weeks you will change the trays.
Usually, appointments will be every six weeks to check your progress. Length of the treatment time will vary by individual but Dr. Adam Birk will give you an estimated date of completion according to your progress and results.Make a change to your smile today, call Westport Dental at 314-310-1321 to learn if Invisalign® is right for you.
Read some common questions and answers many patients have about Invisalign®!
- If I have braces now, can I switch to Invisalign®?
- You may be a good candidate for Invisalign® even if you already have metal braces. Talk to our experienced staff and see if you qualify!
- Can Invisalign® help if I have had braces in the past but my teeth have since shifted?
- Yes, Invisalign® can help improve your teeth alignment even if you have had braces in the past. Plus, you can achieve the results you are looking for without the appearance of wearing metal braces again!
- Do I have to change my eating habits when wearing Invisalign® aligners?
- No, you do not have to alter your eating habits when you are undergoing teeth straightening with Invisalign®. However, if you periodically chew gum or smoke, you will need to stop doing either of these things to keep the aligners in good working order; gum can stick to the aligners and smoking may stain them.
- How do I care for my Invisalign® aligners?
- Your dentist will provide the Invisalign Cleaning System to help you care for the aligners while you’re undergoing treatment. They can also be cleaned with toothpaste, a toothbrush, and lukewarm water.
Contact Our Invisalign Dentists
Make a change to your smile today. Call Westport Dental at (314) 310-1321 to learn if Invisalign® is right for you.
Preventative Dental Services
Restorative Dental Services
See what our patients are saying
"Friendly, prompt and good service"